[casual_games] TOW: Work/Life Balance

Bernard François bernardfrancois at gmail.com
Mon May 7 18:47:35 EDT 2012

Hi peolpe,

I'm not a good example of a good work/life balance, but I'm looking to
obtain a better one.

I'm currently working a lot on weekdays (which is 9-10 hours, and once
or twice a week up to 11-12 hours), but doing nothing at all (or
almost nothing) during the weekend. As I don't have any children yet,
this isn't a huge problem - but some more quality time with my fiancée
on weekdays (without feeling bad about work that I'm not doing) would
be nice.

Allowing myself to work a lot during the weekend, while defining the
weekend clearly as a time where I'm not working, helps me to keep from
working during the weekend.

Before, I used to work on weekdays and Saturdays, but fewer hours a
day. Compared to that, I definitely like the current solution better -
at least I have a nice and long weeken now.

The problem I'm having at the moment that while leading PreviewLabs,
is that the amount of work I'm doing depends on the amount of
employees in the company. I especially started noticing since the 3rd
person joined our team a few weeks ago. This is making it more
difficult to get a decent work/life balance, but also making further
growth of the company a bit though for myself. Of course, being aware
of this, I'm on the lookout for solutions.

I'm very interested in reading some more opinions on this matter!

Kind regards,

Bernard
http://www.previewlabs.com