[casual_games] TOW: Work/Life Balance

John Manchester johnkmanchester at gmail.com
Mon May 7 21:17:02 EDT 2012

Hi,

A very interesting topic for me. I have always worked from my home. Over
many years composing music full time, then lately splitting my work time
between writing and producing music, I have found that I get much more done
and am saner by sticking to the following strict schedule: I take a break
after lunch for 1/2-1 hr, sometimes nap, often just read or do a puzzle;
then at the end of the workday, I take an hour to listen to music. No
interruptions.

I'm sure this seems like huge downtime to many, but I have tried it the
other ways (11-12 hrs or work a day) and I get more accomplished this way.
Because when I work it is boom-boom no wasted seconds.

Oh, and nothing on the weekends, unless I want or must (which does happen.)

The work I do is primarily creative and solitary. When I work with others I
can go longer.

Best,

John Manchester

John Manchester AKA Luminous Muse