[game_edu] What would you want from a game company?

William Huber whuber at ucsd.edu
Fri Aug 13 03:34:26 EDT 2010

For me as a researcher, as well as for graduate students interested in
questions of the pipeline, engineering issues, etc., a dream-case would be
access to the entire archive of material related to a single (perhaps
historical) project - everything from GDDs and TDDs to meeting notes,
prototypes, storyboards, email threads, asset archives, version control /
source control logs, marketing reports, even, if available, back-of-napkin
type material, for a major title (AAA). I know it is asking for the moon,
but someone with a foundation in the right types of analysis (e.g., ANT)
could do wonders with that kind of material.