[games_access] reminder: hardware for GDC

Dimitris Grammenos gramenos at ics.forth.gr
Wed Dec 7 05:36:00 EST 2005

Hello Michelle,

-----Original Message-----
From: games_access-bounces at igda.org [mailto:games_access-bounces at igda.org]
On Behalf Of hinn at uiuc.edu
Sent: Tuesday, December 06, 2005 9:17 PM
To: IGDA Games Accessibility SIG Mailing List
Subject: Re: [games_access] reminder: hardware for GDC

Hi Reid,

Yes, I'm working on the schedule revamp now. During the
lunch hour we'll have the "accessibility arcade" -- two of
my students are coming and will help out with the set up and
running of that. The plan right now is for them to help set
up a "mini arcade" for the roundtables so that people can
interact with a couple games while we talk about what makes
a game accessible.

In addition we'll also have demos throughout the day --
the "put on a blindfold" and try to play this visually
intensive game things we discussed and my students can help
out with those demos -- they will basically be our "stage
hands" and make sure the tech stuff runs more smoothly.

Michelle