[games_access] GDC 2006 + www.robertflorio.com + Way of the Rodent and Plan B Magzine article

Barrie Ellis barrie.ellis at oneswitch.org.uk
Fri Dec 23 10:35:57 EST 2005

Hi all,

Making the list more private re. the Game Developer Conference presentation
is a fine idea. Wondering if it's too early to think about promoting our
attendence to the big players in January? ELSPA, CESA, ESA and the KGDI?
(more on these at http://www.oneswitch.org.uk/4/games/4campaign.htm ). I'm
trying to charm NAMCO's Barrier-Free group into attending too. Wish me luck.

Hoping to get something together with Eric Walker on physical gaming
barriers and potential solutions, with some mention of controllers, software
and one switch games. Will be a spoken presentation with a slide show of
images that many in the audience will not have seen before (I hope!).

Not sure if you've all seen new member Robert Florio's fine web-pages on
accessible games: http://www.robertflorio.com/games.html  - Includes a great
video demonstration of the QuadControl mouth and head operated controller in
use, as well as game reviews for people using this type of controller.
Superb work! Welcome to the group Robert.

Couple of articles published on switch gaming this month. One in a
left-field UK music magazine "Plan B Magazine", and a page on the splendid
"Way of the Rodent" retro gaming web-magazine:
http://www.wayoftherodent.com/features/adaptive%20tech.htm

Barrie Ellis
www.OneSwitch.org.uk

p.s. - take a look at the forum too when you get a chance:

http://www.igda.org/Forums/showthread.php?s=5a11ff03cf6e4bb81c094638ec66c736&threadid=19868