[games_access] IGDA GA meeting: thoughts from OneSwitch

Jason Della Rocca jason at igda.org
Fri Dec 23 14:51:57 EST 2005

Heya, good thing I scan the digest ;)

The sub bank account and funding stuff is something we are looking into for
the IGDA as a whole (ie, for all of our chapters, SIGs, etc). Sadly, this
"formalization" will take some time to map out and implement - certainly
NOT in time for GDC.

So, going the CafePress route is smart. Alternately, if the SIG could line
up a sponsor for the t-shirts, I could have the IGDA handle
ordering/payment/etc directly...

Jason

>2. tshirts: great idea -- how about going through cafe
>press? cafepress.com -- that way you don't have to deal with
>tshirts sizes and people can order on their own. another
>idea in addition to this is fund raising via cafe press --
>i'll check with jason (jason? reading this?) :) about
>whether we can have a sub bank account of some sort for the
>SIG under the IGDA (that way we don't have to worry about
>filing for non-profit status and/or file taxes in the US for
>the SIG...sigh...I have enough forgetfulness with my own
>taxes!). then if we can get that set up then we should be
>able to set up the paypal account without worry.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Jason Della Rocca
Executive Director
International Game Developers Association

t: +1-514-426-1162
f: +1-514-426-1201
Montreal, Canada

http://www.igda.org/