[games_access] questions

hinn at uiuc.edu hinn at uiuc.edu
Fri Dec 23 20:36:31 EST 2005

Hi Lynn,

that's a really interesting idea and I just got a small bit
of funding to look into accessibility, particularly motion
sensor and game pad technologies, at a lab I work in at the
University of Illinois. It'd be an interesting thing to
collaborate on if you'd be interested. We have access to a
lot of engineering expertise here for the development of a
prototype. I'm also thinking that some of the drum (as in
percussion) input devices might be able to be rigged
similarly -- like the bongos that Nintendo has been using
for some of their new games like Donkey Konga, only with
more pads and reshaped a bit.

Let me know offlist if you want to chat more about that
collaboration -- and of course feel free to chat onlist
about the technology or anything else. :)

Michelle
Chair, IGDA Game Accessibility SIG