[games_access] greetings from gdc 2005

hinn at uiuc.edu hinn at uiuc.edu
Fri Mar 11 03:29:12 EST 2005

hi everyone! just a short note to say hello from gdc 2005 in
san francisco. what a fun and exhausting time it's been this
week! more specific details soon but i wanted to let you all
know that we had some really positive feedback so far about
our
roundtable sessions and i think that we are definitely
beginning to see a growing interest in games accessibility
by developers. we had quite a range of attendees
from "serious games" folks to those working for microsoft,
sony, and other commercial game developers. the sig also
received recognition at the igda annual
meeting for our work over the past year. thanks to everyone
for volunteering so much of your time to the sig this past
year. without a doubt,
GDC 2005 has been a positive experience -- i definitely feel
that this is a really exciting time for those of us
advocating for accessibility in games. slowly but surely we
are making a difference! :)

it was great to meet thomas and reid in person and i'm
looking forward
to meeting more of you in july in las vegas. thomas and i
also spoke with jenifer niles with charles river media this
morning -- more details soon but it looks like we have a
book in our future! :) so start thinking about what you'd
like to contribute to the book and i'll be posting more
specific information on the list soon.

no meeting this monday (the 14th) but get ready for the next
sig meeting on the 21st at 9am (us pst)/ noon (us est). i'll
send a reminder around before the meeting.

michelle