[games_access] Chat interface for games?

Reid Kimball rkimball at gmail.com
Tue Mar 15 12:16:24 EST 2005

Hello all,

I wanted pass along this website:
http://www.inference.phy.cam.ac.uk/dasher/

It's free software that allows you to quickly spell out words by using
your mouse to point to letters. I've seen this before but never
thought of a good way to use it until now. What if something like was
built into videogames, especially ones on the console to enable others
to text chat with each other really quickly. Also, if a gamer was
impaired physically, I hope they could use this system using their
eyes (via an eye tracking device) to talk with others or even as a way
to interface with the game.

Sony has their EyeToy product that I could really help in this area. I
have a contact that I met at GDC from GestureTek that might be able to
answer questions we may have regarding the feasibility of this idea if
needed?

Thoughts?

-Reid