[games_access] Chat interface for games?

hinn at uiuc.edu hinn at uiuc.edu
Tue Mar 15 14:49:06 EST 2005

hi reid, thanks for pointing this out! reappropriating
software is a great way to get the developers to see that
adding accessibility features to their consoles and games
may be easier than they think. i had a similar discussion
with colleagues from microsoft and representatives from a
middleware product that allows scalable UIs that works with
xbox (which was pointed out during the second roundtable by
one of the great conference associates who helped set up our
roundtable -- and ended up participating! yay!). i think
that reappropriation examples like this will be a powerful
part of our book plus advocacy work by our sig. by all
means, if you have time, email your contact at gesturetek
and invite them to join in the discussion -- i learned at
gdc that a lot of these companies don't realize that their
products could be serving the disabled community as well!

michelle