[games_access] Japanese links part 2: NAMCO accessible controller for Playstation 2 etc.

Barrie Ellis barrie.ellis at oneswitch.org.uk
Tue Nov 22 02:24:40 EST 2005

"Barrier-free Controller for Home Videogames by Namco
http://hustle-club.com

This redesigned game pad is compatible with the Sony PlayStation 2.  It has
oversized buttons and a joystick on it, but also has switch ports for the
addition of external switches."

I found this info from www.connsensebulletin.com/gap2005.html. However,
there's nothing on the Hustle-club web-site about this (although if I could
read Japanese this might help). They told me that no hardware was exhibited
for this, but there were pamphlets and two people from Namco that could
speak a little English.

Some more interesting Japanese sites around assistive technology:

http://www.kokoroweb.org/atac2002/tenzi.html (e-ZUKA adapted Playstation
controller in 2002)
http://babelfish.altavista.com/babelfish/trurl_pagecontent?lp=ja_en&trurl=http%3a%2f%2fwww.kktstep.org%2fmouse-om2.html
(English translation of bespoke accessible USB controllers
www.kktstep.org/raku2mouse.html)
http://www.p-supply.co.jp/comaid/index.html (stock switches and sensors)

 If only we could bridge the language barrier....

All the best,

Barrie
www.OneSwitch.org.uk