[games_access] 20th Century Accessible Games - info hunt

Barrie Ellis barrie.ellis at oneswitch.org.uk
Tue Apr 18 18:01:18 EDT 2006

Re. 1990's and 1980's stuff:

You're right. It's really tricky to track down. I remember SEMERC / Brilliant Computing making accessible eductational games for the BBC Micro computer in the mid 80's to early 90's. I'll try to track something down on this. (http://www.oneswitch.org.uk/2/I/BBC/IBBCMicro1.htm - has a very rough picture of the switch box).

I've also been told that there has been the odd article in Amusment operator magazines about arcade games that have been adapted for disabled gamers (Andy Welburn - http://www.andys-arcade.net/) - But he's a busy man, and hasn't yet tracked these down to send a copy

These might be of interest though:

http://www.pathwaysdg.com/enews/archive.htm - Pathways Development Group (1999 onwards) - Details GA work starting in the early 90's
http://www.oneswitch.org.uk/2/I/Playstation-PC/Iplaystation.htm - Switch Accessible Playstation 2001 - Although this was sourced from work from 1996 to around 2000.

Good luck tracking more down.