[games_access] Game Accessibility web-site - PC time

Thomas Westin thomas at pininteractive.com
Mon Feb 6 18:24:49 EST 2006

yes I agree gamer is much better

just for information, there are definitions for impairment, disability and
handicap defined by WHO. Basically they are
- impairment: an impairment that doesn't stop you from living your every day
life, work etc
- disability: an impairment that demands special assistance / tools etc to
handle every day life, work
- handicap: this has nothing to do with the individual, but with the
environment. Example: In Doom3 deaf gamers are handicapped, but in Doom3[CC]
they are not.

/Thomas

9 years of development and education with Adobe/Macromedia Director
Award at the Independent Games Festival: www.terraformers.nu
Founder of IGDA Game Accessibility SIG www.igda.org/accessibility
http://www.pininteractive.com