[games_access] Robert' s game constraints and success

hinn at uiuc.edu hinn at uiuc.edu
Tue Jan 3 00:47:02 EST 2006

Hi everyone -- Just a quick note about the forum on the IGDA
site -- we monitor it but notes there don't get to us as
quickly as they do on this list (we're a little slower to see
messages there). So for your best bet for feedback from the
group, posting to this email list is ideal. As you can see --
quicker responses here! :)

With regard to Lynn's idea about UDL -- I don't see why it
couldn't be used as a guideline for what we, as a SIG, have
been writing about and developing. What we've been working on
is not at all at odds with UDL/UDG.

We'll be having a meeting next Wednesday (Jan 11), which I'll
announce in more detail later in the week. Since we now have
under three months until GDC, we're really focused on getting
those materials ready and then resuming work on the book that
we are working on after the conference is over. Perhaps, Lynn,
the short paper you are working on might be adapted and
included as a chapter in the book? Something to think about!
It's an edited book so we'll be having lots of contributors.

Michelle
Chair, IGDA Game Accessibility SIG