[games_access] Fwd: Choice Awards nominations now in progress...

hinn at uiuc.edu hinn at uiuc.edu
Tue Jan 3 15:57:15 EST 2006

Hi everyone,

I just got this (see email appended below) from the IGDA
(which is, of course, the awesome organization that our SIG is
a part of). It's now time for the Game Developers Choice
Awards nominations, which will be awarded at the Game
Developers Conference in San Jose in March.

Please note that you MUST be a regular IGDA members in good
standing to be eligible to make nominations. Student members
and those with free user accounts are NOT eligible to
nominate. If you are not a member, please jump to the IGDA's
registration page to join (www.igda.org). :)

Nominations are due January 13th and it would be great to have
a couple games up for nomination that we considered to be
excellent with regard to accessibility. The nomination form
allows for explanation as to why you consider the game to be
"excellent" in the particular category that you are nominating
for.

Note that this must be a game released in 2005: Any game which
was initially released, and made publicly available to
consumers, during the year 2005, irrespective of platform or
delivery medium, is eligible for nomination. Upgrades,
expansion and mission packs are NOT eligible.

So let's get to nominating!! Feel free to discuss nomination
choices on the list if you'd like to discuss a game that was
released in 2005 that you feel deserves a nod for
accessibility. :)

Michelle
Chair, IGDA Game Accessibility SIG

>>Dear IGDA Member,
>>
>>The nomination period for the 6th annual Game Developers
Choice Awards has
>>just commenced. Jump online to submit your nominations
(deadline is
>>January 13th):
>>
>>http://www.igda.org/awards/nominations.htm
>>

>>The Game Developers Choice Awards honor games and developers
that are
>>truly worthy of recognition. Recipients are chosen by industry
>>professionals like you who know what it takes to make great
games. Please
>>take a moment to honor your fellow developers. There are no
fees
>>associated with making nominations.
>>

>>All regular IGDA members in good standing are eligible to make
>>nominations. Refer to the Choice Awards site for further
details on the
>>nomination and voting process:
>>
>>http://www.igda.org/awards/rules.htm
>>

>>The Game Developers Choice Awards ceremony will be held
during the Game
>>Developers Conference on Wednesday, March 22nd at the San
Jose Civic
>>Auditorium.
>>
>>http://www.igda.org/awards/schedule.htm
>>

>>PS: In order to represent the "choice" of the development
community, it is
>>critical that we get as many nominations as possible. Please
feel free to
>>forward this email or pass around the above link to your
colleagues and