[games_access] T-shirt concept "accessibility for all" Michelle Hinn

Tim Chase agdev at thechases.com
Mon Jan 16 11:29:06 EST 2006

> That sounds like a great idea I think. It's iconic and mixes all the
> concepts we need to communicate without being wordy. I found a very
> large image of lady justice you might be able to alter for your needs.
>
> http://gamescc.rbkdesign.com/lady_justice.jpg

That's one large lady (grins)  A quick Google image-search turned
up several bajillion results for fodder, so I'm not hurting for
material ;)

> Could make the gun into a walking cane, change her blindfold to
> glasses (or leave it alone) and add a hearing aid/cochlear implant in
> the side of her head, while she's sitting in a wheelchair with the
> controller.

I think you considerably overestimate my artistic abilities. :)

("and circling at her feet there should be sharks with frickin'
laser-beams attached to their heads.  You know, I have one simple
request. And that is to have sharks with frickin' laser beams
attached to their heads! Now evidently my cycloptic colleague
informs me that that can't be done. Ah, would you remind me what
I pay you people for, honestly? Throw me a bone here! What do we
have?".  minion:  "Sea Bass"

...sorry...went a little Austin Powers for a second there... :)

I'll see what I can doodle up.  I'm not sure how to depict
deaf/hard-of-hearing iconography.  Kinda hard to make a cochlear
implant as obvious at that scale.  The first thing that comes to
mind is one of those old-fashioned hearing horns, but that's just
shooting from the hip.  Better suggestions, anyone?

-tim