[games_access] Fwd: [seriousgames] Game modifications for blind players (forward from another list)

Thomas H. Buscaglia thb at gameattorney.com
Tue Jan 24 19:01:09 EST 2006

If interest from the serious games list...

Tom B

>Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2006 15:28:26 -0800
>From: Tim Holt <holtt at onid.orst.edu>
>To: "[Serious Games]" <seriousgames at listserver.dmill.com>
>Subject: [seriousgames] Game modifications for
>blind players (forward from another list)
>
>This email showed up on a Valve/Half-Life
>developers email list today - it's an
>interesting project and wanted to pass it on if anyone was interested in
>talking with the guy.
>
>Tim
>
>----- Begin Message -----
>
>   Greetings,
>   My name is Che Martin and I am a blind player
> of hl2.  This is accomplished by
>using a piece of software that turns images into decipherable sounds.  You can
>get an overview of this software if you wish at www.seeingwithsound.com.
>   I am attempting to get a project off the ground so that blind users of this
>software can use hl2 to train with the software.
>   I am looking for a couple of very basic
> levels, maybe two or three rooms each
>with simple black and white textures so the user doesn't get overloaded with
>visual information.  Also, two audio modifications would help tremendously,
>having a player generate a sound when they move so they can be tracked, and
>possibly a sound generated when you have a target in your aiming reticle.
>   I have some background with visual basic and
> c+, and I think I can do some of
>the coding if someone can point me in the right direction, but for level
>creation, I definately need someone that can see.
>   If you are interested in helping with this
> project, or know someone who might
>be, please let me know.  You can email me directly at che at tridigitalbb.com if
>you like.
>   The main purpose of this project is to help folks understand and train with
>the seeing with sound software, and hopefully
>have some fun while doing it.  If
>you would like to be a part of this worthwhile effort, we welcome any and all
>assistance.
>   Thanks,
>   Che Martin
>   che at tridigitalbb.com
>www.linksForBlinks.com
>--
>

>---
>You are currently subscribed to seriousgames as: thb at gameattorney.com

¤º°`°º¤,¸¸,¤º°`°º¤¤º°`°º¤,¸¸,¤º°`°º¤
Thomas H. Buscaglia, Esquire
The Game Attorney
T. H. Buscaglia and Associates
80 Southwest 8th Street
Suite 2100 - Brickell Bayview Center
Miami, FL  33130
Tel (305) 324-6000
Fax (305) 324-1111
Toll Free 888-848-GLAW
http://www.gameattorney.com

Confidential:  This email contains communications
protected by the attorney-client privilege.  If
you do not expect such a communication from
Thomas H. Buscaglia, please delete this message
without reading it or any attachment, and then
notify Mr. Buscaglia at thb at intelaw.com of this inadvertent misdelivery.