[games_access] Solid statistics for GDC 2006 from OECD(Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development)

Barrie Ellis barrie.ellis at oneswitch.org.uk
Sun Jan 29 06:27:49 EST 2006

I think the important thing about the ageing statistics is that they do tie
up with an increased need for accessibility features. As a general rule,
when people get older, any mix of sight, hearing, memory and reactions can
reasonably be expected to deterioate. Also, if the number of gamers playing
in later life is increasing (it's my understanding that this is the case)
then there will be an increased need for accessibility features.

This is to give further strength to the cause of all disabled gamers, giving
some indication of the weight of numbers in one area. Does this seem fair,
David? Interested in your thoughts.

Barrie
www.OneSwitch.org.uk