[games_access] The Visionary Design Awards (GA accessible web-site)

Barrie Ellis barrie.ellis at oneswitch.org.uk
Sun Jan 29 07:58:32 EST 2006

Hi Jonathan,

Interesting work. I do like their top 10 accessible web-design tips:

http://www.visionary-design.org/mod.php?mod=userpage&menu=10&page_id=3

Good preparation for the daunting W3C accessibility guidelines:

http://www.w3.org/WAI/gettingstarted/Overview.html

I was wondering if there is a public domain accessible web-page template? I
really like the accessibility of the Disability Rights Commission's
web-site:

http://www.drc-gb.org/
http://www.drc-gb.org/accessoption.asp

It would really help if anyone could track down an accessible web template
and run with it. I'd love to see our web-page have this degree of
accessibility - crossed with our own style, which I think should be friendly
and not too formal. A bit like Ouch! perhaps?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/ouch/

Are you aware of any templates we and others could use for the future?

Barrie
www.OneSwitch.org.uk