[games_access] The Visionary Design Awards (GA accessibleweb-site)

AudioGames richard at audiogames.net
Sun Jan 29 08:39:16 EST 2006

Hi Barrie,

Yes, there are a few templates around, I suggest doing a Google search since
I don't have one ready :). However, please be aware that even if you use an
accessible website template that that does not automatically mean your
website will always be accessible. With each content you add you run the
risk of adding inaccessibility. This is especially the risk with dynamic web
applications: WIKI's, Blogs, CMS's, etc. where multiple people can add
content to a website. So even if your, let's say, forum or blog is
accessible, when someone posts a picture without an alt-attribute, you have
an accessibility issue. I have not been able to find a CMS which forces you
to add alt-attributes to pictures, but even if one would exist people could
still avoid accessibility by adding nonsense in the alt-attribute. Bit off
topic, but since the GA-SIG website uses a Blog and a Wiki I though I'd
better mention it. Were you looking for an accessible template for the
GA-SIG website or the OneSwitch.org.uk website? And did you mean accessible
for visitors or also for the admins/users who add content (and therefore the
CMS/Wiki should also be accessible)?

Greets,

Richard