[games_access] Games and Physio

Barrie Ellis barrie.ellis at oneswitch.org.uk
Tue Jan 31 16:15:08 EST 2006

Interesting article. I've known of other work regarding using games
alongside physio. Namco built a controller to encourage a disabled man to
develop his upper body strength to play games (pictured below). Reminds me
also of talks at a conference I attended called "Enter 2000" years ago,
covering assistive technology and Virtual Reality with some really good
work.

http://www.bizjournals.com/seattle/stories/2001/07/30/smallb1.html - is a
good read too for people interested in adapted controllers, which details
difficulties with interesting physios etc. in rehab + games.

Barrie
www.OneSwitch.org.uk