[games_access] The Retro Remakes 2006 Big Competition - Promoting Accessibility In Games: Top 10 Accessibility Features list

Barrie Ellis barrie.ellis at oneswitch.org.uk
Thu Jun 1 04:38:13 EDT 2006

I wrote a top ten accessibility features wish list for the Retro Remakes
"Promoting Accessibility In Games" competition. It can be found here, and
will later find a home in the on-line magazine "REWIND":

http://retroremakes.com/forum2/showthread.php?t=6551

It's largely influenced by our discussions and group work in this GASIG
(Game Accessibility Special Interest Group). I did the best I could in the
time I had. I'm just hoping it's going to be clear enough.

As mentioned in the text, I'm hoping that some of the programmers will get
in touch with us after advice, as our collective knowledge is quite vast
(and yes, that includes all lurkers!).

One more thing, it would be hugely appreciated if people could help promote
this competition to any relevent people, web-sites, organisations, etc. The
more accessible games that get out there the better.

Barrie
www.OneSwitch.org.uk
www.igda.org/accessibility