[games_access] RetroRemakes Programmers Q&A 2006: Audio Question

Barrie Ellis barrie.ellis at oneswitch.org.uk
Thu Jun 1 07:25:35 EDT 2006

http://www.retroremakes.com/forum2/showthread.php?t=6572

Audio Commentary
=============
A question for anyone who knows of some genuine research, rather than
personal opinion.

I'm hoping to provide voice cues, especially for menu options, but maybe at
other points if it's appropriate to the game. Is it preferable to have
either a male or female voice, or doesn't it matter? My guess would be that
a higher voice would have more clarity, but if there's a general concensus
or some actual research, it would be good to know.

Richard, Giannis, Sander, anyone?

Barrie
OneSwitch.org.uk