[games_access] Complaint regarding Florian Eckhardt

Reid Kimball rkimball at gmail.com
Fri Jun 2 18:16:39 EDT 2006

You should have seen the disgusting remarks people made when the idea
of close captioning Doom3 was posted on a forum.

"I don't know why we dont just shoot these people... put them out of
their misery because they are obviously miserable. If it's not that
hard, you do it ya twit!"

"Because it's not cost efficient? Would you like some cheese with that whine?"

"This is one of the stupidest posts ever. FPS games are not made for
hearing impaired people. Why? Because subtitles like: "imp is hissing
behind you", "fireball sound comming from 3:00 O'Clock", "bullet sound
wizzes by your left ear". That would just be dumb. Here's the bottom
line. FPS's ARE NOT FOR DEAF PEOPLE. case closed. How can any deaf
person effectively play any FPS?? Grow up and stop being a stupid ass
baby. "

It goes on and on with more of this crap, all from 13 yr olds
probably. but hey, Games[CC] sure showed them right?

I am surprised that a popular site like Kotaku.com would be that insensitive.

Anyway, I like the quote from Einstein, "Great spirits have often
encountered violent opposition from weak minds."

-Reid