[games_access] Teaching Game Accessibility

Thomas Christopher Roome thomas.roome at student.utdallas.edu
Tue Jun 6 02:15:19 EDT 2006

I have been thinking about how to get "mainstream games" more
accessible, and maybe we need to approach colleges and other higher
education institutions  that teach game development to teach
Accessibility to the students.  If game developers are instructed on
how games can be made accessible, then maybe we can avoid some of the
problems that we have today.   There is a starting point using the
Guidelines for developing accessible games  at
http://gameaccess.medialt.no/guide.php.  Is anyone already teaching
Accessibility for Gaming in a college or University program?