[games_access] Retro Remakes 2006 Q&As: "Action Captioning"

Barrie Ellis barrie.ellis at oneswitch.org.uk
Sat Jun 17 11:31:59 EDT 2006

This sounds fun: http://www.retroremakes.com/forum2/showthread.php?t=6774

"So I was pondering... Why use all that BORING close captioning as used in
some of those games like Doom3, when historically there's a much better way
to visualize the mood of sound effects?

Something comics have been utilizing for decades?

I'm talking about the WHOOSH, WALLOP , CRASH effect balloons. I'm thinking
of incorperating those in my Heavy on the Magick remake.

What do you think?

R."

I think straight-laced Closed Captioning is the right thing to do for some
games, but Rogue's "Action Captioning" has got definite potential.