[games_access] Recording the GDC - any regulations?

d. michelle hinn hinn at uiuc.edu
Mon Mar 13 02:08:54 EST 2006

More info about recording from Jason at the IGDA:

I think they may have a general no-recording policy, but it is
unclear to what extent they enforce. Pictures seem fine. I take pics
all the time and everyone and their brother are posting shots on
Flikr, blogs, etc.

Last year, we videotaped the QoL Summit, but we had to get
permission/release from each speaker - and a general green light from
the GDC folks.

Best bet is to check in with whomever has been corresponding with you
from the CMP/speaker crew.

So yes check with the gdc people on that website and then get
permission from all of us. :)

Michelle