[games_access] GDC '06 report of Day 1

Reid Kimball rkimball at gmail.com
Wed Mar 29 01:03:20 EST 2006

Hey everyone,

I have begun posting daily reports of my time at GDC '06. I have day 1
posted with the other days to follow:

Day 1:
http://gamescc.rbkdesign.com/03.20.06_gdc.php

Before I forget, I want to thank everyone for your awesome support in
the past year, this past week at GDC and you're all an inspiration to
me to keep working hard on developing closed captioning for games.

After the tutorial session on Monday I was so motivated and
enthusiastic for the future. I wanted to do whatever I could. I've
always had side projects I wanted to do that got in the way of closed
captioning in games but I've decided to put those on hold. I want to
revamp my gamescc.rbkdesign.com website, make it more professional.
Start writing a weekly column where I critique the quality of closed
captioning in games and make detailed recommendations for how it can
be included if not already. I'll be pursuing alternate funding options
and grants to help develop the CC software for developers to use.

I have a lot planned and I wanted to be sure I thanked everyone for
helping me and Games[CC] to get to where we are today.

-Reid