[games_access] Message Boards Instead of Meetings?

d. michelle hinn hinn at uiuc.edu
Fri May 12 10:37:14 EDT 2006

yes, it would be great to have a unified partnership with as many
accessibility groups as possible. as part of the igda, we have the
access to mainstream developers. but when it comes to expertise on
gaming for particular disabilities, a group that focuses on a
particular disability and gaming is going to be key for us to really
see change. we really would all benefit from joining together (as
reid pointed out) -- i think that all of us this list have our own
accessibility projects going on, whether it is an organization, a
business, or teaching a course. so let's get to partnering! that way
we also could have more coverage at more conferences -- it would be
nice to point out to one partner group that, hey, we really need
someone who is an expert in xyz, do you have anyone who could go to
this conference and be a part of a panel?

yes, of course i also agree that having online meetings are important
-- but i think that we'd get more going with a better between meeting
system. so we're just cutting down on online meetings but still
having them at least once a month for those who want to touch base on
things or who have things to talk about that would be best discussed
in a meeting first.

so cool! :)
michelle