[games_access] New game features closed captioning

AudioGames.net richard at audiogames.net
Tue May 23 19:06:06 EDT 2006

Great, will add it to the website!

----- Original Message -----
From: "Reid Kimball" <rkimball at gmail.com>
Sent: Tuesday, May 23, 2006 11:03 PM
Subject: [games_access] New game features closed captioning

Hey all,

SiN: Episodes released by Ritual Entertainment (my previous employeer)
a couple weeks ago features closed captioning. Unfortunately, due to a
bug, it's actually missing some key dialog, but for the most part it
does have captions for sounds and dialog. So that makes it the 4th
game.

Unfortunately, I'm sure 99% of the players won't know that. There's no
advertisement of this feature at all. I only mention that because I'm
trying to think of ways to spread the idea of CC more. It's not enough
for me to write about it over at http://gamescc.rbkdesign.com/, my
site only gets a small number of people visiting it. But if games
start advertising that as a feature, more and more people will see it
and then eventually, it'll become expected and standard in games, I
hope.

-Reid