[games_access] Study: Games Effective Teaching Tools

d. michelle hinn hinn at uiuc.edu
Wed Oct 4 07:37:37 EDT 2006

Very cool!

On a side note, my game design class this semester is focused on
creating games for a local museum...which also need to be accessible
(because I said so and they agreed and so did the university, which
owns the museum, and has to provide accessible materials). So, I
agree -- our accessibility work is paramount to games in the
classroom, ESPECIALLY commercial games...if EA and others want to
have their games in the classroom...

Ernest Adams is here on campus right now and spoke to the dorm
community I run -- Women in Math, Science, and Engineering -- last
night. He was with us from about 6pm to 11:30pm! So it was a really
cool experience -- the evening event was mainly about women in gaming
but he and I got to touch base on GDC and he's excited to be one of
the "contestants" for accessibility idol. :)

Michelle