[games_access] first hello

Jonathan Chetwynd j.chetwynd at btinternet.com
Wed Oct 18 16:35:16 EDT 2006

Amit,

loved your Tetris game, it seems that like me you are interested in
web games.

perhaps you would consider writing a game in SVG?
SVG is a web standard and for many browsers doesn't require a plugin.
also the source is really open, and  being standards based, has some
good accessibility features.
have you tried smiletris aka ksmiletris?

best wishes

Jonathan Chetwynd

I’ll also demonstrate the techniques by retrofitting a simple tetris
game for accessibility (very preliminary beta version at http://
pitaru.com/tetris), and discuss how some of these ideas can follow
through to hardcore games. I hope to get permission from the school
to interview the OT’s, children and parents. It’s all coming together
now so I’ll have more tangible things to show soon enough.

Amit