[games_access] Lik-Sang out of business

InRNette at aol.com InRNette at aol.com
Tue Oct 24 19:45:24 EDT 2006

Michelle:

What kind of adapters or alternate controllers?  I think that maybe I  am
hoping for a miracle to make educational software accessible.  My  students are
much lower functioning but it is amazing what having control over  something in
their lives does for morale.

For the students I work with, I use the computer with a switch interface
device and a switch which is selected to meet individual needs and placed in a
position which allows them easy access to the switch.  I have one young man
who loves the switch positioned near his left foot and he leans over to the
right to actually see the computer screen because of visual issues.  (The  PT and
OT fight over this constantly but you go with what works)

rjcooper.com has the Switch Hopper which I use on a daily basis for single
switch operation of cause and effect activities. I am sure there are other
companies which carry these too.

ablenetinc.com
Santillo.com
enablingdevices.com
enablemart.com

are a few of the companies that have switches.

Jeanette