[games_access] Lik-Sang out of business

d. michelle hinn hinn at uiuc.edu
Tue Oct 24 19:54:15 EDT 2006

Lik-Sang was really great as a place to get ps2 to xbox converters or
xbox to pc converters or many other combos so that you could rig game
controllers with switches to play commercial games. So that was their
main gift! They were easy to deal with and since a lot of these
converters are only available in the Asian market it was like having
our own import service!

Lik-Sang didn't sell switches but sold the adaptors that allowed us
to use rigged up game controllers  (rigged with switches!) and use
them for multiple gaming platforms.

So it's a sad day that we lost that company -- they weren't an
"accessibility" company but some of the things they sold were key to
mainstream game accessibility solutions. I know Barrie used that
company a lot more than I did so I can believe he's taking this news
hard!

Michelle