[games_access] inquiry gesturetek.com Florio to invite their technology

Robert Florio arthit73 at cablespeed.com
Sun Oct 29 12:35:35 EST 2006

http://www.gesturetek.com/

Above is the web site. At the unveiling of my painting of Baltimore blast
soccer star in Baltimore Museum Sports Legends Museum, in front of the
soccer exhibit there was on the ground a screen of a soccer ball and a net
on each side.  The device was on the ceiling projecting down with reflector
mirrors and sensors that pick up your feet movement so you could basically
kick the ball around into the net.  I thought this is excellent for people
in wheelchairs we can't use a lot of physical interaction like real soccer
balls so the computer takes care of that movement by just picking up your
reflective white shoes so I was able to have fun actually felt like I was
playing soccer and I made a goal with my feet.  I was playing with my three
year old nephew it was so much fun.

By the way I learned at the Museum this device they purchased from this
company was $30,000.  Ouch.!  There are contact numbers and for game
developers specifically on the web site I'd like to discuss which one are
who we should write to.  Would be great for the book.  I'd like to do that
research if I could.

Check out the web site above I would actually like to with sig permission,
put together a them dictation package represented by myself and our group to
see if they would donate to us one to take to our different conferences just
to demonstrate the potential.  It's great to let this company now where else
there product can be marketed but I'm afraid if we do that, and they
actually believed was like most companies don't or ever do go that way, they
will market millions on our ideas but at least we could get familiar with
their technology.

If you are familiar with the Eye Toy for PlayStation 2 I read their web site
they gave the technology for them to use and came up with that.  On their
web site they have ground effects and even mobile technology for cell phones
which is amazing maybe cell phones could be made accessible game play after
all for anyone with limited movement just by putting the phone in front of
you and picking up your movement or hand gesture something.

Any thoughts on that please let me know I'd like to write them not sure
exactly on what but somehow I want to get a hold of the technology because
implementing it for videogames like the eye Toy and just putting it on
before her anywhere else could bring a lot of people in wheelchairs together
interacting with video games on a huge scale like a gymnasium floor if you
could put it high enough.

Robert
www.RobertFlorio.com
All about Art and Video Game Accessibility