[games_access] Request for ideas

Barrie Ellis barrie.ellis at oneswitch.org.uk
Fri Sep 1 04:44:45 EDT 2006

Nothing more important than having reconfigurable controls for many gamers.

It would be nice to see an open source menu built for this to share with other developers.

So - how to do it really well...? Good challenge I think for the students.

MAME's versatility would be very nice.

Bear in mind not all people will be using an Xbox 360 JoyPad. Although the choice of controllers for this console is very poor - there are a few different ones out there to take into account.

Multiple mapping of buttons. For gamers using a small number of controls, it would be nice for their main action button to also start the game if possible. Consider if a one-switch game appeared. It might be nice to map that one function to every single analogue stick movement, D-pad and button press.

Good luck.

Barrie
www.OneSwitch.org.uk