[games_access] GDC 2007: Check it out!!!

d. michelle hinn hinn at uiuc.edu
Sun Sep 3 22:57:29 EDT 2006

So not all is gloom and doom with regard to GDC 2007!

For the first time we'll be presenting "Accessibility Arcade" as a
standalone roundtable (they usually give you multiple (2-3) repeat
slots too):
https://www.cmpevents.com/GD07/a.asp?option=G&V=3&id=277060

No word yet on our regular "top ten" roundtable. There will, however,
be a meet and greet where we can pass out press
kits/stickers/tshirts/etc because it won't be at 9am the night after
the big party...right Jason Della Rocca if you are reading this??? ;)

Also, Accessibility Idol is a 100% go and because it's a two hour
session (rather than the usual one hour sessions), we have lots of
room for "teachable moments" during the "show." Ping me offline if
you are even 80% sure you'll be attending so I can start working on
the conference speaker passes. In order to get a speaker's pass, you
must be involved in one of these innovative sessions. Remember, this
year we are NOT presenting a one day tutorial so speaker's passes
will be much more selective. I know that Richard, Reid, and Robert (R
x 3?) are involved plus Ernest Adams. There's no room for speech
giving so this is going to be a much wilder GDC for us. Plus if you
in a speech making mode of mind...this won't be the right year for
you to do this. So keep that in mind!

And Tim? We WILL get the tshirts this year...especially if we start
now! Can you send me the design(s) you had worked up again so I can
cafe press them? And if anyone else had some time to do some cool
graphic design work for a tshirt, we can always put more than one
design on cafe press!

Cheers/Greets/Peace,