[games_access] GDC 2008: VERY Bad News

Thomas Westin thomas at pininteractive.com
Sat Dec 1 18:23:14 EST 2007

sorry Reid, didn't intend to offend you or anyone in the industry;
I'm sure many are behind the cause.

what I meant was where to put our efforts - if few people attend a
session I've travelled half-way around the globe to present, and paid
for it from my own pocket (flight and hotel) and spend 7 days+ doing
so, all for free, it is disappointing with just a handful of attendees..

we just get lost in translation at GDC S.F, while at smaller
conferences we are seen and listened to. I'd rather go to a small
conference where people listen than to GDC S.F where very few listen.
But of course, we shouldn't skip S.F altogether, but until attendance
change I can't motivate to spend 1500 USD out of my own pocket and 7
days+ of my time going there.

/Thomas