[games_access] Gentle Petition

Barrie Ellis barrie.ellis at oneswitch.org.uk
Tue Dec 4 17:18:16 EST 2007

Robert (and others) - regarding the petition why don't you consider a
compromise? I know in the UK you can quite easily go down the political path
to get things to the government:

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/SupportAT/

What about starting a very simple petition - "We the undersigned want to see
more accessibility features in games...." - with a bit of an explanation
(But not too much) - and some translations into other languages.

It would be nice to have something to take to developers, indies,
home-coders to say lots do want this - it's not just us few people
contacting you! And a few years down the line if we're still getting no
where - but have everything in place that we can do - then maybe the
political path is the way to go.

Let's face it - in 50 years - accessibility in software will very likely be
legislated for (and let's hope it will be so much easier to bring into
being) - so Robert's not so far off the mark. It's just so.... slow....

What do you think re. the gentle petition?