[games_access] New Member and thoughts about legislation

Michael Ellison devellison at gmail.com
Tue Dec 4 23:04:45 EST 2007

On Dec 4, 2007 9:32 PM, d. michelle hinn <hinn at uiuc.edu> wrote:
> Hey Michael -- great to see you here and great to see your support.
> Don't worry -- I'm sure we'll come up with an idea for you to program
> away on! :)

Thanks Michelle, glad to be here ;) Actually just got one project from
the list that may keep me busy for a while, but I'm totally interested
in others.  If my hands are full, having a list for other developers
of "Here's what's needed and what you can do" would be excellent.

> Welcome again! You did enter into the midst of a heated debate -- I
> should have warned you that it was in progress. Not that posting was
> bad -- it's always encouraged. But you probably just didn't realize
> how heated things were on the topic. We have a lot of passionate
> people on board!

LOL.. no worries, I kinda expected it seeing the first several
messages before I posted and Robert - you didn't offend me at all,
it's good to hear your perspective.  I had seen some of the press
you've gotten when looking for alternative controllers and that's
actually what brought me to this group.  I'm just a hell of a lot
better at coding than I am dealing with people, and think that's where
I should put my time and energy.  My position isn't going to budge,
and I doubt anyone else's position who disagrees with me will change
due to me arguing with them, so it's probably best for me to just do
what I do ;)

Cheers,
Mike