[games_access] GAIM 0.02 updated

AudioGames.net richard at audiogames.net
Tue Dec 11 15:44:14 EST 2007

Hi Thomas,

Great work!!! Ties in really well I think with the current state of the
field of game accessibility. It also ties in perfectly I think with what I'm
currently busy with: a small interactive presentation of my 9+1 steps to
Game Accessibility (see http://www2.hku.nl/~mosh/ga/gatheoryshort038.doc),
which will consist of a single image
(http://www2.hku.nl/~mosh/ga/gameaccfield086.jpg - under construction so if
things are not yet clear don't be alarmed) illustrating the different parts
to game accessibility. The target audience is the mainstream game industry
and the concept is that this is the building scheme of "The Accessible Game
Accessibility" (possibly just invented by fictive Professor [insertname] -
who might even show up to explain his invention). In the presentation, I
intend to provide descriptions and examples on mouseover/focus on the
individual parts, describing the part and highlighting how that part is
connected to one or more other parts. This is of course a simple overview
and I do not provide specific solutions. For example, Key Point #5
(Assistance - depicted by the Butler figure) will show a descriptive text of
the key point, as well as some examples of functionality such as Ghost,
Tutorial Agent, Pass and Navigation/Orientation Assistance. But I will not
desribe how to build such functionality. And I think that this is where your
work comes in :)

Your diagrams are very clear and impressive and look forward to more of
them!

Greets,

Richard