[games_access] article in escapist magazine

Eelke Folmer eelke.folmer at gmail.com
Mon Dec 17 18:44:46 EST 2007

Hi,

Talking about closed captioning. I just bought Assassin's creed for my
ps3. It is an incredible great game but I discovered that it doesn't
even have subtitles! The dialogues are really hard to understand so I
wanted to turn subtitles on only to discover they are not there! How
can such a polished game (it looks really great) miss such an
important feature?

So within Closed captions is there also a variety that displays
positional captions? E.g. normally the subtitles go at the bottom or
top of the screen but in japanese anime I sometimes see translations
of signs being translated right on the spot. I know they do it as
closed captions e.g. make it part of the video signal but I guess
subtitles could be extended to include positional information which
also makes it easier to support multiple languages.

Cheers Eelke