[games_access] GameOn! Website goes live

David Colven colven at ace-centre.org.uk
Tue Jan 16 06:12:17 EST 2007

Hi

Been rather busy so only lurking now and then but I thought you may be
interested in the following news item.

GameOn!

The beta version of the GameOn! website,
<http://www.gameonbeta.org.uk>www.gameonbeta.org.uk, was launched at the
beginning of January 2007. It's a website from which information about
Windows-based games software is available. The idea behind the site is to
enable people with physical difficulties to be able to search for the games
that they can play by clicking on the type of control device(s) they use.

At the moment, there are a comparatively small number of games on the site
but, up until this point, our main focus has been to focus on developing
the actual structure of the website. We feel that now is a good time to let
people have a look at our work so far and to invite their comments on the
style and structure of the database at this stage in the project. We will
do our best to accommodate as many of your comments as possible before the
full launch of the database during the spring. Once you have had a look at
the site, please send whatever comments you would like to make on our work
so far to Mick Donegan,
<http://ace-centre.hostinguk.com/index.cfm?pageid=FD4F4E9B-D613-62F1-C4318E76134AAC67>GameOn!
project coordinator -
<mailto:donegan at ace-centre.org.uk>donegan at ace-centre.org.uk

David

David Colven, Technical Advisor

The ACE Centre Advisory Trust
92 Windmill Road
Headington
Oxford      OX3 7DR

Web site at www.ace-centre.org.uk something new every week Tel +44 (0)1865
759813 Fax +44 (0)1865 759810

DISCLAIMER:
privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee.  Access to this
message by anyone else is unauthorised.  If you are not the intended
recipient, any disclosure, copying, or distribution of the message, or any
action or omission taken by you in reliance on it, is prohibited and may be
unlawful.  Please immediately contact the sender if you have received this
message in error. Thank you