[games_access] Announcement

Barrie Ellis barrie.ellis at oneswitch.org.uk
Thu Jul 12 06:27:00 EDT 2007

Good luck with your PhD, Richard. Some of my thoughts....

I'd like to see www.igda.org/accessibility stay as our web-address. It's nice and clear, and easy to remember. www.GASIG.org is a bit of a splurge in my mind.

I hope www.game-accessibility.com will never move addresses. Personally I've made a lot of direct links to specific forum threads that I think are very useful not to loose track of. We need to strengthen the threads we've made already as well as fill in the gaps.

I'd like the see the www.igda.org/accessibility front use clear English and really importantly, not be cluttered. This should definitely be open to all and not be a subscribers only thing. The news blog should be open to all too. We should continue to use the Game-Accessibility.com forum as this is becoming more and more established and will be open to all.

Content should be broken down into Public Info - Members Info so the free stuff is easy to get to (if we have to go down a closed route).

Any idea how long this is likely to take? WIKI's are okay-ish - but I don't think they are particularly quick and easy to navigate - they tend to be so cluttered to my mind.

Barrie
www.OneSwitch.org.uk