[games_access] torque closed captions

Eelke Folmer eelke.folmer at gmail.com
Mon Jul 23 16:30:07 EDT 2007

Hey, my bad,

For CC click on torqueDemo_DEBUG.exe

for the one button FPS: torqueDemo.exe -> start mission --> stronghold
-> fire with the mouse key. you might have to restart the one button
fps because it only works if you are close to where the enemies are
spawned. If it doesn't spot any enemies it will wander around until it
finds an enemy. We still need to tune the 2 enemies we put in who only
seem to be preoccupied by fighting eachother instead of the player.

The innovation of this mod is only in the fact that we can override
player commands with those generated by an AI, which technically was
not very easy (we made some engine modifications). Tyler (who created
CC) will start with the redevelopment of the one button today (chris
my grad student made this a month ago) and hopefully we'll have
something more playable by the end of next week.

cheers Eelke

On 7/22/07, Reid Kimball <reid at rbkdesign.com> wrote:
> Thanks for reminding me Barrie, I also had trouble knowing which
> executables or batch files to use. For the one button FPS I couldn't
> move at all and I didn't see the character moving automatically. For
> the captioning one, I didn't see any captions.
>
> Can you provide more info on which executables to run and which levels
> we need to load to see your work?
>
> -Reid
>
> On 7/22/07, Barrie Ellis <barrie.ellis at oneswitch.org.uk> wrote:
> > Hi Eelke,
> >
> > I've downloaded the one button FPS - but unzipping leads to a pretty
> > daunting array of icons. What are you supposed to be clicking on?
> >
> > Cheers,
> >
> > Barrie
> > www.OneSwitch.rog.uk

Eelke Folmer                           Assistant Professor
Department of CS&E/171
University of Nevada              Reno, Nevada 89557
Game interaction design        www.helpyouplay.com