[games_access] Thinking about GDC 08's competition

Reid Kimball reid at rbkdesign.com
Fri Jun 1 00:16:55 EDT 2007

This is a really undeveloped idea in my head, but I like Noah's idea
of a publisher looking at presentations of accessible game ideas.
Publishers usually call this a greenlight meeting. So, what if we
called it, "From Redlight to Greenlight, What Light? I'm Colorblind!"
and the contestants pitch their accessible game idea to the audience
who is the "publisher". We could give all the people in the audience a
two sided sign, one side with a red circle the other side with a green
triangle. After a presentation, the audience votes by holding up
either a red or green sign.

We can introduce the session by saying that before you go to your next
greenlight meeting, think about how you can broaden your market.
Publishers should like this because of the untapped market, the missed
opportunities and potential financial gain.

-Reid