[games_access] Michelle's Health: A Monthly Status Report

Thomas Westin thomas at pininteractive.com
Mon Jun 11 17:46:35 EDT 2007

Hi Michelle

I really hope you're getting better soon (remember what I told you
about working too hard for too long?)

We need you and to get well you need to get some rest. Three years
ago I decided (with a well placed kick in the butt from my doctor) to
ease down and no matter how frustrating it is to not stay on top of
things all the time, I know now that it is necessary to just give
yourself some slack when you feel the stress level building up.

It would be very ironic to get disabled from working hard for
accessibility. Nothing is worth more than your health.

That's my kick in the butt to you :) Now go book a long vacation!
You're definitely worth it!

/Thomas

5 jun 2007 kl. 04.30 skrev <hinn at uiuc.edu> <hinn at uiuc.edu>:

> Hey everyone,
>
> Just to quickly ping you all about what's currently going on with
> my FAB autoimmune wonkiness. I think you all know that I have
> kidney stones (I don't know what I was doing in February when this
> all started but I think "working too much and not delegating when I
> needed to and, oh, not drinking enough water" pretty much is the
> best explanation I've got for that! So...they are getting better
> (they used some lasers to implode them...who said that viewing a
> med procedure as a cool new video game was wrong? ;)
>
> Then I'm on a clinical trial for something else which is making my
> short term memory not the best at the moment (amongst other things
> no one wants to hear about!!). So PLEASE bug me if you are waiting
> on something and I'll try to get to that as quickly as I can.
>
> I appreciate everyone's patience and understanding! My body seems
> to be trying to take me down one step at a time! It's weird, maybe,
> but I've come to view the SIG as my one group that keeps me going.
> I know...overattachment maybe but it's nice to see all the
> discussion and cool stuff going on at the moment!!
>
> Progress!!! :)
>
> Michelle
> these are mediocre times and people are
> losing hope. it's hard for many people
> to believe that there are extraordinary
> things inside themselves, as well as
> others. i hope you can keep an open
> mind.
>  -- "unbreakable"

Thomas Westin
VD / CEO

Pin Interactive AB
:: Digital Culture Analysis :: Tools :: Worlds
Award Winning Developer
www.pininteractive.com