[games_access] GDC: in retrospect

d. michelle hinn hinn at uiuc.edu
Tue Mar 13 15:57:06 EDT 2007

>>>I have outlined a plan (which I dub ACCESSIBILITY 2.0) consisting of 5
>>>action points & clear goals that will put this SIG back on track, make it as
>>>successful as other SIGS (education/writing),  increase the attendance at
>>>our events, and putting accessibility on the roadmap of game developers like
>>>we set out to.
>
>Oy...wow, that did hurt.

Why did that hurt, you ask? Because I've been told by the IGDA that
even though the other SIGs have the numbers, we do more than most of
them. And now I hear from within the SIG that we aren't successful at
all. That's fine but it does hurt.

Yes, my ego is getting in the way. I know it is. That's my issue, not
any one else's. I'm still very angry about this year's GDC -- I have
the right just as everyone else does. I put the damn sessions
together a year ago. I've put a year's worth of time and emotion into
this. So yeah, I'm friggin' pissed off that even this year we did not
get a good turn out. But CMP didn't help by having us start 4 out of
the 7 sessions late (by 20 minutes) due to not having things set up
as promised. So we lost people before we even started...