[games_access] KQED Video on Game Accessibility

Barrie Ellis barrie.ellis at oneswitch.org.uk
Wed May 2 13:01:08 EDT 2007

Slowly catching up with things. I really enjoyed the video from KQED.

http://www.kqed.org/quest/television/view/276

I think they got a lot of important points across. Reid, you came over particularly eloquently in the video - fine work. Really enjoyed watching the father and son using hacked up controllers made accessible. I think they did a pretty good job as it goes. It was nice seeing some of the controllers I supplied on show too. I guess you wisely kept the rather heavy switch adapted Namco Arcade Stick at home? I'd love to see more of the footage of the "Accessibility Idol" show - especially after reading up on Ernest Adams great related article:

http://www.gamasutra.com/features/20070501/adams_01.shtml

Barrie
www.OneSwitch.org.uk

p.s. - I've not forgotten you Robert. Your project is an exciting one - just need proper time to spare to offer some more thoughts. Keep plugging away, fella-man!