[games_access] E For All, and other stuff

d. michelle hinn hinn at uiuc.edu
Wed May 23 16:21:44 EDT 2007

I can speak to the GDC passes info -- Mainly anyone can go...but the
tickets are $$$ (MUCH more so than for E for ALL) as it's aimed at
deep pocketed developers. That being said the passes that I get are
usually for others who are planning to present something (we're
coming up on the SIG deadline for getting our presentations
together). So email me off list (hinn at uiuc.edu) and we can talk about
ways that you could participate in a session that, if accepted, could
get you a pass. Perhaps a SIG-sponsored session on [cc] by you and
Reid would be particularly powerful?

As for interpreters...the GDC has interpreters already in place to
interpret sessions INTO Japanese (perhaps not sign language in
Japanese). The GDC people (CMP) have also always been VERY
accommodating when I've asked for accessibility-related things
(ramps, lifts, extra tickets for nurses, etc) so if you were to go,
don't worry...I'd hound them to death (maybe I should change my title
here to "chief pesterer?). :) Basically I can see them wanting some
advance notice as to what sessions you'd be attending so that they
can best plan for that.

Michelle